Sunday, April 4, 2010

Introduction to Wheels in the City

I want to start this blog by introducing my self and explaining my purpose. My name is Toni and I am a native New Yorker and one of the things I love about living in New York is the many different things to do and try. Having a physical disability changes how you go about deciding what to do, where to go, and how to get there. There are so many reviews of restaurants and activities to do in NY, but never do they mention accessibility. And of course we all know that calling and asking someone if their establishement is accessible doesn't always help ie; You call and ask if something is accessible, you get there and it turns out that there is a bunch of steps. What accessible means to some does not always mean the same for a wheelchair user.

Well, here is a place that does. I plan to review places, not so much for the typical stuff such as price and tastiness but for accessibility (Bathrooms, doors, tables and overall wheelchair maneuverability)

As always feel free to comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment